Reading Notes: Public Domain Edition, Part C

Image Information : The Monkey Brothers' Fight Brooklyn Museum
Again this week, despite Rama's inconvenience of being exiled, he still manages to be summoned by others to fight their battles. However, these moments illustrate and support the idea of Rama being noble and heroic. Furthermore, I feel as though the background behind the relationship between Sugriva, the monkey summoning Rama, and Rama was lacking. 

In this week's reading, the couplet, rhyming style of writing continues to be implemented. I utilized this same style of writing at the beginning of my story last week. This gives me the idea to reach further in my writing to format my whole story in a couplet style. The rhyming gives the reader a greater since of pathos and a greater emotional connection. It makes the story seem much more intense. These couplets provide a greater focus on the adjective choices by the author that paint vivid pictures in the mind of the reader. I did notice that the author changed the content discussed in the couplets. Instead of using the couplets for adoration and to cultivate romanticism, the author uses the couplets to illustrate heartache, death, and war. It shows a sort of antithesis. In addition, I like how the author follows up the negative climaxes with a love aside. For example, the chapter The Rainy Season, is metaphorical. I've noticed in moves that after the death of a character it usually rains. After Rama kills Vail, he feels an internal death, but not one for himself. The author gives Raman an aside, allowing him to express his woes for his wife, Sita. He feels as though she is withering away by waiting for his period of exile to cease. I found this aside to be very emotional. I think that I need to put more emotion provoking words and dialogue in my story.

Bibliography: Dutt et. al. Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition.Ramayana PDE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove