Week 3 Review: TARDIS

I know that TARDIS is representative of an acronym; however, I feel that my work this week has been "tardy." I tried to use a sense of humor just then; however, I'm not a very comical person. Most of  my jokes and entertainment come from really dry humor. This past week was very busy for me i other courses. I'm trying to finish a degree this spring at another college; therefore, that course work and curriculum has been taking precedence over certain assignments. In addition to my course, I have I'm having to attend my extracurricular activities. One of the larger projects that I missed for this past week was the Storybook. I'm needing to finalize my topics. Furthermore, I was reading a post in professor Gibbs' blog, Learning by HEART that talked about every book being a TARDIS. After using this acronym for the second time, I have to explain it.

T ime
A nd
Board Outside of a Store. Laura Gibbs
R elative
D imension                
I n
S pace

I agree that books take you into an alternate dimension, either the future or the past. My novels of choice usually consist of sci-fi, romantic fantasy, or any type of young adult fiction. It is within those dramas and genres that depict the state of humanity, its technological advancements, or downfalls. I find myself so intrigued by the plots and characters that my reality almost seems to bend, putting me into a different dimension. Sometimes I'm so interlocked and absorbed by the unfolding stories before my hands, that I cannot hear when others are speaking to me. ( So, no professor Gibbs. You're not the only bookworm.)
I get lost in time. Several hours of the day can pass by when you're entranced by a great novel. 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post, and also am running on a bit of a tardy timeline as well. I seem to switch my priorities around quite often, and I find myself completing tasks that are urgent but not important rather than prioritizing things that are important but not urgent (i.e. reading often). I feel that I read so much for class, I hardly have time to read for pleasure. But that isn't true, I just need to get better at prioritizing and moving it up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your outlook and perspective on this concept! I also constantly find myself in this situation in regard to running on a tardy timeline. There is always so much I want to do and get done, but there is only limited time in a day. I have recently gotten a planner to efficiently plan out my days. I want to start getting up even earlier than I do now, because it is such a great feeling when you get so much accomplish in the morning, but this takes great self control. Thank you for sharing your perspective, as I know there are many of us also trying to survive in this boat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove