Reading Notes: Mahabharata Part C

This week I chose to do my reading notes differently. I wanted to do small summaries and details of each individual chapter of section C that I enjoyed or wanted to include in my story.
The Pandavas in the Forest


Life In The Forest: This story immediately made me think about the children of Israel who walked in the wilderness for 40 years. It was during this time that Jesus was tested, yet he remained faithful to God's will and instructions. I think this would be a really great story to expound on the trials of the Pandavas while in exile.

Arjuna and Shiva: I caught another biblical reference. Clad lived in scant clothes and lived upon withered leaves and fallen fruits and reduces his allowance. This portion of the story sounds kind of like the Daniel Fast. A fast in which you eat nothing but fruits and vegetables while focusing on enhancing your relationship with God., 

Riddles at the Lake: As funny as it may seem, this passage reminded me of the grump old  troll who lived under the bridge. The troll required people to answer riddles before crossing. The Voice at the pond asked each visitor to answer a riddle before he or she could drink or they would surely die.

Krishna and Karna: In this episode, Karna finds out that he has brothers. I think this would be a good story to twist and how they are to live the rest of their lives in harmony. 

Battle Begins: I think this would a be a fun scene to re-write or relate to a modern move such as 300, Suicide Squad, X-Men, etc.



Bibliography:  Arold et. al. Mahabharata: Public Domain Edition.web 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove