Storybook Favorites

After scrolling through the lists of storybooks, the following stories were my favorite. I went through both the storybooks from the Indian Epics as well as the Myth-Folklore course. 

       Fifth Dimension captured my interest just from the title. Since my middle school years, I have always been interested in the genres dealing with the supernatural occurrences and romantic fantasy. Even now, as a collegiate student, I enjoy reading novels fantasy novels having do with vampires, werewolves, witches, and other supernatural beings. I watch shows such as Vampire Diaries, Shadowhunters, The Originals, and many others. Therefore, when I saw the title fifth dimension, I immediately had a connection and conjecture that this title is associated with a supernatural world. After reading the introduction, my hypothesis about the content of the story was correct. The title page consisted only of a single picture of the words The Twilight Zone, which was a popular show in the past. Although, I never watch the Twilight Zone, I did understand the story line. With that being said, the author arranged the story as though the reader was reading a script from the move in the Twilight. I appreciate the creative way that the story was told and depicted. It allowed the reader to put their own emotion into each character. The scheme of the web page, which was black and dark, mimicked the feeling of the words. The writer did a great job of keeping the reader entranced with how the characters would reach this "fifth dimension." 

      The setup of this page is ideal. The reader can immediately tell that the story has dark content by the font of the title and the layout of the page. The words are in red and the images are in black in white. The introduction, which was the front page for this specific story, included foreshadowing. The front page introduced all of the "chapters" and made them interconnected. All of the images within the storybook were relative to the title, My Life as A Teenage Rakshashi. One image showed a girl ashamed and removing her mask. This image is the epitome of the story. The prelude begins as a diary entry, which is representing and symbolic to the teenage years. Often in movies and television shows, high school students are known to keep diaries. 
Image Information: Masked Woman
Furthermore, the image of the Masked Women is the epitome of the story. Everyone else sees Kali as being reckless and troubled; however, she is living behind a mask, She is trying to control the demon inside of her, which is the Rakshasi, The story reveals who she really is. 

This was my favorite story book as it was influenced by both advertisement, media appeasement, and the Indian culture. I know about fashion. As a child, I would sit for hours with my sisters watching Project Runway, and sketching my own images of what I thought was fashion. The layout of the page is very complex and the reader can definitely tell that the author put a lot of time and effort into creating the story. The storybook is centered and inspired by the Indian culture, but applied to the American Show Project Runway. Each model and collection tells a different story about the princesses and queens of India. All of the models were beautiful. The collections of clothing followed the idea that the women were queens. The linens were luscious and of royal quality. I would utilize this design for my own project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove