Growth Mindset: Growing Your Writing Process


Being in the tenth week of this course, one would think that writing stories would get much easier, Don't get me wrong, I've come to enjoy storytelling, developing a plot, and adding all of the details. However, starting a story somehow seems to remain an issue. I grab my laptop, pull up blogger, click new post, and stare at the blinking cursor for almost twenty minutes. Even after re-reading my stories, and reviewing my notes page, I find myself clueless as to how I'm going to start my story. Flash! Ther light comes on and I pull out a spiral notebook. For me, I've always enjoyed writing my notes and assignments on paper. Sometimes it is more efficient to just type memos and compose papers electronically; however, I've come to the realization that something bout lined paper and lead helps create better writing. This past week I decided to start writing my story on paper. I feel that I did much better with the producing a quality story much faster. Although I didn't write all of the story by hand, getting out the pencil and paper to compose the beginning was much more effective for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove