Reading Notes Part A: The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India

In Part A, I decided to pick out the most interesting stories in the The Giant Crab and Other Tales from Old India.


1. The Giant Crab: The story focused on the greedy crab who gobbled all of the animals in the kingdom and then he started to feel alone. His lack of self control and nasty habit deterred any animal coming near the lake, but the Elephants would not stand for it.

2. The Hypocritical Cat: I like how the mice win in this story. They are smarter than the cat.

3. The Crocodile and the Monkey: This story was really vicious. It talked about Mrs.Crocodile waiting the heart of the monkey. I think that I could make this relative to a love story.


5. The Dishonest Friend: This story focused on honesty being the best policy. A man left his plough with his friend the hold. The friend sold the plough in a matter of seconds and lied about it. You can go anywhere with the re-creation of this story. I could make the setting in a barn or about the stereotypical high school setting about a bully stealing.


7. The Talkative Tortoise- The Tortoise's death was the result of  his own arrogance and weakness. The tortoise was so selfish and talkative that when it was time for him to keep his mouth shut, he could not.

8. The Monkeys and the Gardener: I really like how the story started out describing the trees, shrubs, and flowers. It reminded me of one of my other stories that I composed. I love how the gardener had such a love and passion for nature. He was really worried about the garden and how his master would feel. I was kind of confused that there were monkeys in the garden. I would like to change the ending about having the gardener sent away.


10. The Goblin in the Pool: The description of the Goblin in the story reminded me of Voldemort in Harry Potter.


12. The Pious Wolf: This wolf in the story was banished to his rock for a week for falsely fasting. The Pious Wolf was not fasting for the right reason, which I agree is important.

Bibliography: Rouse. W. H. D. The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India. Kindle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove