Week 12 Story Planning: Charmed

I decided to take this week to utilize the story planning option. My goal is to create the most enticing and captivating story, as this will be my last "official story" in my portfolio. The goal of this last story is to summarize Shala's endeavors to restore the balance of good and evil. I'm wanting to incorporate a segment about the Warlord; however, I'm not sure if I should break it into chapters to take a moment to address his background.

I decided that I would combine both stories from the Indian Story Book and the Sacred Tales of India

I think that I could title Part I: The Warlord, A Charm Thief. I want to alter the story about the Sacred Crow from the Indian Story Book





  • The Sacred Cow: The story begins with the monarch, Visvamitra sitting on his throne wrestling about how he's going to interrupt the peace in his kingdom. Visvamitra is bored with the happy pattern of his people and the kingdom, it is too calm. I found that I could include this story line into a new story that pertains to the warlord from More than a Charm. The warlord innately would want to start a war. Furthermore, the monarch went out with his flock to visit a saint name Vasishtha. The king was going to find some way to receive a blessing for his war or find someone to war with. The most interesting thing about Vasishtha s that he possessed a magical cow, Sabala. The saint asked him and his fighting men to stay for season; however the king was impatient. He commanded his men to capture Sabala and she was resistant. The kid did not know the magical power that she possessed. I think that I will make Sabala a maiden instead of a cow but describe her with similar characteristics.


These were my reading notes from Week 11. In this story, I want to make the Warlord to be symbolic of Visvamitra. I have set the premise in my previous stories that the warlord was jealous of the power that Shala possessed. In the Sacred Cow, the Visvamitra kingdom as at peace; however, the world that Shala and the Warlord inhabited had already been restless. The Warlord believed that the best way to obtain this power is to receive a boon or magical animal that would grant him powers. Instead of a sacred cow, I think that I would use an animal that is symbolic of evil or darkness such as a snake or jaguar. Furthermore, once I explain his ritual in detail. I will go on to talk about Kangsa, a lking of Mathura, that had become a tyrant. I will explain how the Warlord became an oppressor over both earthly and heavenly beings. I will close the story with the death of Kangsa by Vishnu who will be played by Shala.

Bibliography:
Sacred Tales of India

Comments

  1. Hi Hannah,
    I think it is a great idea to split it up into chapters to give background and insight into your story. I always think that's really cool when people do that correctly because it does give a cool effect to the story and it's something I never think to do. I also like how you're thinking about combining the two stories. I can't wait to come back and see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannah! I think all of these are really great ideas for your final story. Thank you for giving some background in your story planning. The combining of your two stories would also work out really well. If you are able to tie up all your endings that would be super cool. I do not think I will be able to do that in my final story. Great job, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove