Reading Notes Part B The Indian Story Book

Sakuntala

This story talks about an Emperor Dushyanta who was hunting for antelope until approached and befriended by two hermits who showed him the holy place of the hermits and the protector of the forests and wild animals, Sakuntala. Instead of making the hermits friendly, I think that I will make them thieves. The storied used a lot of imagery concerning the animals and serenity of the forest. I believe that I will implement the same principle as well. This story also focuses on how the King takes a liking to Sakuntalal and her beauty. I want to create a love story about how they fall in love in the midst of all of the chaos taking place in the story. I still want the story to have a modern setting. I may use the story line from Fifty First Dates or Dear John.

Bibliography: Indian Epics Story Book





Dushyanta and Sakuntala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction from a Coffee Connoisseur

Storytelling: MyLife's a Charm

Week 4 Storytelling: My Savior In Ashoka Grove